Friday 14 October 2011

Exercise 15 - Positioning a Point

For this exercise we were asked to take three photographs each with a single point.  Each photograph to have the point in a different part of the frame.  These are the three photographs I took for this exercise which I have marked to show the division easier.


I took this photograph just before the squirrell jumped down off the lawn, he had bounded across, down onto the path.  I positioned him at the bottom of the frame so you can see where he has come from and a little in from the border.  Usually I would try to have the subject looking/moving into the fame not out of it but in this case the border shown is enough to anticipate what he s going to do next.  It adds an interest as you wonder what is over the boarder and why he is going that way.  The diagonal of the squirrells body adds movement.


I positioned the summer house to the left of the frame as I wanted it to appear like it was alone in an ideallic setting.  In fact it was outside a church and this was part of the church grounds.  If it had been any further into the frame you would have been able to see some of the grave stones in the photograph.



I positioned the bench low on the right of the frame for this photograph.  It is positioned on the right so you can imagine sitting on it and where they would be looking.  It always looks more 'correct' if a person would be looking into rather than out of a photograph.  By positioning the bench low in the frame it shows off the hight of the tree behind and gives impression of it looking over/sheltering the bench.

I also reviewed some of the previous photographs with a single point to see the division in them:



 




No comments:

Post a Comment