Monday 5 March 2012

More on Assignment 2

Rhythm
F/14, 1/60s, ISO160, 300mm

I loved the colours and shapes of this wall.  I zoomed in on a section rather than include a larger section but not too much as I wanted to emphasise the rhythm in the stones.  There was a little birdie hopping about so following feedback from my first assignment I waited until he it was in the perfect part of the frame to add some interest.  He also serves to break up the rhythm in the wall as well as adding more interest to the photograph.

Pattern
F/5, 1/250s, ISO400, 130mm

Looking down as I wandered around I saw how the sun was reflecting off the small swells of the water near the bank.  I used a polorizer filter which allowed me to see through the water and capture the stones and twigs on the lake bed to add an extra dimension/point of interest to the photograph.  There are really two types of pattern in the photograph, the lines of light from the sun and the reflections of the blue sky in the top of ripples of water.  I zoomed in as I wanted the pattern to visibly continue beyond the frame of the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment